The beginning of overclocking pushed the computer hardware to its limits. Increasing the clock speed of processors such as the best CPU cooler for i7 10700k can significantly improve the overall performance of gaming and other heavy tasks.
10th Gen Intel processors generate a lot of heat at their standard frequency. To keep the processor calm and cool, you will need the best processor cooler for the i7 10700k. This processor has 220W PL2 power at a maximum frequency higher than AMD’s.
A good heat dissipation cooler is also required for lithography that guarantees the high performance of single-core processors. All Intel K or X-type processors do not come with a cooler. This is good because most of the coolers included in the kit do not support overclocking and can cause the user to tip up.
This high-performance processor has a great cooling solution, but we have listed eight of the best CPU coolers with varying prices, quality, and features. The goal is to allow the reader to consider all options and gather enough knowledge to make informed decisions.
Over clockers can handle high thermal loads, so you should be targeting the liquid cooler kits on the list. At the same time, those running the i7 10700k at stock clock speeds can opt for an air fin cooler to keep operating costs down and ensure the long-term reliability of their components.
Let’s take a look at some tips to help you make a purchase decision.
Best CPU Cooler for i7 10700K:
Dimensions: Dimensions are an important consideration when choosing a cooling solution. Liquid cooling kits require a lot of space for the radiators. Air-based coolers also have large heatsinks that can block DIMM slots. So make sure the RAM height matches the heatsink dimensions.
Sockets: Intel and AMD use different socket sizes for the processor to operate. First, you need to check the connectors on your processor, check them against the specs of the cooler, and make a compatible purchase.
TDP: Air coolers usually refer to TDP in their specifications to maintain limited heat dissipation under load conditions. Therefore, make sure that the cooler’s TDP exceeds the 125W required for the processor in question.
Noise: Desk workers like to focus on their work with a quiet computer. Noisy coolers are often annoying and disturbing to work. Therefore, make sure the cooler is quiet before you buy.
1. NZXT Kraken Z73
NZXT offers the most unique and amazing products to ensure that the chassis looks good on the outside and inside. The NZXT Kraken Z73 is designed for users who want to improve their overclocking capabilities, completely reduce idle noise and make their equipment look great from the inside.
It features customizable lighting effects and a fully customizable 2.36-inch 24-bit color LCD. You can use the CAM software provided by NZXT to display clips, logos, diagnostics, and more.
It’s one of the best water-cooled products on the market as the best cooler for the i7 10700k processor, but it also has its drawbacks. It contains 3 non-RGB fans while you pay a lot of money for the product.
Running the i7 10700k is not a problem for this cooler, but the noise level at 100% load is very high. Users report that it is difficult to operate the cabling because it is difficult to hide the pump cable.
The CAM software is easy to operate and even beginners can easily customize the display. Thanks to the superior performance and materials used, NZXT offers a 6-year warranty. The 360mm radiator is made of aluminum material.
The cooling kit is compatible with the latest LGA 1200 and AM4 sockets for long-term relevance. The tube is made of rubber reinforced with nylon mesh for long-term use.
- Customize Your Battlestation: With a bright, 2.36” LCD screen capable of displaying 24-bit color, you can now completely customize the look of your CPU cooler
- Stay In Control: CAM’s elegant, user-friendly software makes you the master of your PC with simple-to-use, intuitive controls, you can manage your Kraken’s performance and appearance with ease
- Incredible Performance: Featuring a chamfered intake and fluid dynamic bearings, they deliver silent operation, long-term reliability, and powerful cooling performance
- Simple Installation: With the fully programmable display, the pump can be rotated to fit the needs of your motherboard without affecting the direction of the logo or image
- Compatible Socket & CPU: Intel Socket LGA 1151, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066 / AMD Socket AM4, TR4(bracket not included)
2. Gigabyte AORUS ATC800
Gigabyte claims that the air fin cooler can completely dissipate the heat of the i9 10900k running at 5.1GHz, giving plenty of room for overclocking. The i7 10700k has a similar TDP and can operate at up to 5.1 GHz.
The Gigabyte AORUSA TC800 copes with heat generation easily when the processor is running at the recommended maximum clock speed. The CPU temperature is below the 85 ° C limit. Gigabyte has done a great job to make the air fins cooler look great. It is one of the few RGB backlit air coolers.
Among the best CPU coolers for the i7 10700k, this one is also a bit difficult to install due to its large size. The maximum noise level is 31 dBA, which is slightly higher to support the 250 WTDP specified in the specification.
They have significantly improved the fan blade design, increasing airflow by 33% at similar noise levels. Some air coolers have a unique feature that provides ample space for high-profile RAM under the heatsink, while the Gigabyte AORUS ATC800 has 37.4mm of free space to accommodate less than 43mm of RAM. There is only.
Gigabyte has added several features that are better than other air coolers. RGB is not only about appearance. There are 5 LED indicators that light up when the speed increases with load. They represent> 500,> 800,> 1100,> 1400,> 1700 rpm, respectively, and the temperature is color-coded.
The color change of all five bars indicates the thermal state of the processor. It’s a great way to easily monitor your CPU temperature without cluttering your screen while gaming or working with hardware stats. This cooler is one of the best choices for those looking for a little overclocking headroom and who don’t want to use liquid cooling kits.
- 120mm x 25mm x2 fans
- Airflow level of 14.05-51.7 CFM
- Noise level of 18-31 dBA
- Compatible with Intel: 2066, 2011, 1366, 1156, 1155, 1151, 1150
- Compatible with AMD: AM4, FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2
3. Cooler Master Masterliquid ML360P
Cooler Master goes to great lengths to create the Cooler Master liquid ML360P. This is part of art and engineering. The use of a silver-colored pump housing, radiators, and fans is an absolute aesthetic. If you are surrounded by a white and gray enclosure, this is the best you can buy to enhance the look of your equipment.
This cooler not only looks good. Works with decent noise levels. Compatible with i7 10700k, it is 100% easy to install and TDP suitable. The kit also supports AM4 processors for additional benefits in the future.
The triple-fan setup is easy to install and the transparent RGB fan fins make it stand out. All three fans are housed in the same chassis and will not be replaced if the fans fail. Due to RGB, the fan and water block have two leads, so cable management can take several minutes.
If you have experience with liquid coolers, it is convenient to install this AIO cooling solution easily. Some users report that the air in the loop causes a unique noise. Overall, the cooler is quiet and works well when properly installed.
Thanks to a 360 mm heatsink, it guarantees absolutely silent operation and transfers a lot of heat to unregulated processor frequencies under overclocking conditions. RGB is installed in both pumps and fans. The addressable RGB lighting can be synchronized with modern motherboards such as Asus, MSI, ASRock, and Gigabyte.
The new pump design features a dual-chamber design that provides 70,000 hours of continuous operation (MTBF). The tube is made of fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP) for long-lasting performance. This product is well worth the money and can be considered the best CPU cooler for the i7 10700k.
- 360mm Radiator - Aluminum silver finish 360mm Radiator to remove excess heat from the CPU and cool with maximum efficiency. Air flow - 45 CFM. Noise level - 30 decibels
- Integrated fan design - integrated three 120mm fans into one 360mm square frame unit for a quick install and reduce loss of airflow to the radiator
- Dual dissipation - our low-profile dual chamber pump enhances performance and durability over our last-gen single chamber pump designs.
- Fewer wires to worry about - Easy cable management with just 2 connectors for the integrated 360mm fan design
- Addressable RGB LED - addressable RGB LEDs on the pump and fans for full color customization that can be controlled through Cooler Master software master plus+
- Sleeved FEP - underneath sleek black sleeves, FEP material beats rubber tubing in keeping Liquid where it belongs – inside the cooler
- CPU socket support: Intel: LGA2066, LGA2011 v3, LGA2011, LGA1200, LGA1151, LGA1150, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1366, AMD: AM4, AM3+, AM3, AM2+, AM2, FM2+, FM2
4. Noctua NH-D15S
Noctua has always been the best choice for the i7 10700k CPU cooler in terms of reliability, manufacturability, and efficiency. Their products perform as specified and generally exceed expectations. This particular model ends with the letter S.
This means the heatsink is slightly offset to make room for the RAM and PCIe slots. This high-quality air cooler can be equipped with a memory heatsink up to 65mm. Noctua uses high-quality copper heat pipes and nickel-plated aluminum fins to ensure long-lasting performance.
Radiators are efficient but at the cost of enormous size. The sizing was managed efficiently, but some users reported height issues. The radiator is actually touching the side glass panel of the case. Like other Noctua models, it doesn’t have an RGB backlight.
The cooler requires additional space inside the case, and the small form factor case cannot fit the cooler inside. The price of the product is as high as any other Noctua product, but efficiency and quiet operation are worth it.
Noctua NH-D15S has six heat pipes that remove heat from the processor. With one 140mm fan and PWM support, LNA can reduce noise and reduce noise when dropped by using resistors. LNA minimizes noise and reduces heat generation, so CPU temperature should not be affected by low noise adapters. For the entire chassis, you can also install a second fan to set up the dual fan.
- State-of-the-art dual-tower design with 6 heatpipes provides excellent cooling performance for overclocking or near-silent systems
- High-compatibility version of the award-winning NH-D15; asymmetric single fan design for best RAM- and PCIe-compatibility
- Highly optimised NF-A15 140mm fan with PWM support and Low-Noise Adaptor for automatic speed control and ultra-quiet operation
- Includes high-end NT-H1 thermal paste and SecuFirm2 mounting system for easy installation on Intel LGA1150, LGA1151, LGA1155, LGA1156, LGA1200, LGA2011, LGA2066 and AMD AM4, AM3(+), AM2(+), FM2(+)
- Renowned Noctua quality backed up by 6-year manufacturer’s warranty, deluxe choice for Intel Core i9, i7, i5, i3 (e.g. 11900K, 11700K, 10900K, 10980XE) and AMD Ryzen (e.g. 5950X, 5900X, 5800X, 5600X)
5. Corsair A500
Corsair is renowned for its high quality and durability. The Corsair A500 is a dual fan, quad Heatpipe CPU cooler. The fins are made of aluminum and the heat pipe is made of nickel-plated and silver-plated copper material.
At the top of the heatsink is a copper-colored plate with the Corsair logo, while the rest of the case is black to hide inside the case. Since the heat pipe is in direct contact with the processor, it can directly transfer heat to changes in processor load and respond quickly.
This heatsink is huge and has excellent heat transfer characteristics, but the allowable height of RAM is 45mm. This allows you to adjust the height of the fan to provide a higher RAM profile. This is achieved at the expense of not only passing part of the radiator through the air but also lower heat transfer costs.
However, the fan can encounter resistance in the airflow path and cause additional noise, but it remains very quiet in standby mode. As with all air coolers, the noise level is reduced from 10dBA to 36dBA under load conditions.
The package can support up to 250 supported WTDPs, from ultra-quiet operation at 400 RPM to 2400 RPM. The kit comes with a 5-year warranty that goes well beyond Corsair’s liquid cooling kits. The fan is PWM controlled, making it easy to control the rotation speed according to your requirements.
The fan moves freely with a lock function and continues to run. The package includes pre-applied thermal paste with an optimized pattern, so you don’t have to worry about the accuracy of your application. Therefore, it is recommended as the best CPU cooler for the i7 10700k.
- Quad direct-contact copper heat pipe design: cools your CPU up to 250W TDP, unlocking higher performance by dropping CPU temperatures.
- Intuitive slide-and-lock fan mount system: Variable Mounting height for wide DRAM compatibility and easy installation.
- Two Corsair ML120 fans: Magnetic levitation bearing fans with PWM control allow you to adjust between 400 RPM for ultra-quiet operation or 2, 400 RPM for extreme cooling performance.
- Corsair holdfast retention system: Easy to install and ensures consistent thermal performance with a secure and reliable fit on almost all modern AMD & Intel CPUs.
- Pre-applied thermal material: Corsair XTM50 high Performance thermal paste applied in an optimized pattern for even spreading.
6. ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240
The Arctic has done a great job of adding functionality to this liquid cooling kit. The idle noise level is excellent. In terms of efficiency, the 240mm radiator stands out from the competition.
VRM fans and pumps draw up to 2.7W. The two radiator fans are PWM and can rotate between 200 and 1800 rpm. The AIO solution includes a sealed water bag so no make-up is required.
If you don’t mind the simple non-RGB look of your liquid cooling kit, this is the best cooler you can buy. The Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 is relatively simple and has no metallic luster.
The tube is a bit long for a small chassis, but it’s long enough for a long chassis and easy to install. The size of the pump assembly or water block is slightly larger than other AIO solutions due to the VRM fan charging the assembly.
The cable organizer is easy to store so it is not visible from the inside of the braided tube. The only visible cable is from the pump to the motherboard. The pump has the highest efficiency among competitors, consuming 80% less energy.
A unique feature added to this AIO solution is a VRM cooling fan not found elsewhere. The air cooler keeps the VRM cool during overclocking, while the liquid cooling kit prevents air from passing through the VRM and is installed. All these qualities make it the perfect cooler for the i7 10700k processor.
- COOLER THAN OTHER AIO WATER COOLERS: The ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II has a more efficient cool plate, pump and radiator that makes a difference among other AIO water pc fan coolers
- 15°C LOWER VOLTAGE REGULATOR TEMPERATURE: An additional 40 mm VRM fan (PWM controlled) next to pump can provide extra cooling for the base and voltage transformer
- INTEGRATED CABLE MANAGEMENT: The PWM-cable of the fans are integrated into the sleeved tubing. Thus there is only one short cable visible from the pump to motherboard replacing the usual cable mess
- 80% LESS POWER CONSUMPTION: Unlike most pumps from our competitors, which run at full load even when idle, our pump clocks down consuming less power and producing less noise If no cooling is needed
- MAINTENANCE-FREE WATER LOOP: The water loop is sealed and with high quality fiber-reinforce EPDM tubing you do not have to worry about refilling
- EXTENDED WARRANTY: We now offer a 6-year warranty from the date of purchase on all Liquid Freezer II series coolers. The warranty extension also applies retroactively to previously purchased coolers
7. Asus ROG STRIX LC RGB
The Asus ROG STRIX LC RGB is a premium product registered with the Republic of Gamer. It’s not just a bunch of cool people participating. The ROG STRIX series products are ideal for gaming applications.
The performance of this liquid cooling kit surpasses those required for the i7 10700k operating at 5.1 GHz. It features a stunning new ARGB level that can be easily controlled with ASUS Aura Sync.
The tube is made of a rigid material, which makes it difficult to operate. There is a lot of wiring coming out of this best CPU cooler on the i7 10700k. It supports a micro USB, SATA cable for power supply, and fan wire to connect to the motherboard connector.
You can reduce the number of wires and even push it into the sleeve-like any other cooler. Due to the large amount of RGB, it was expected that the number of wires would be large. The price is also higher than most competitors, but the product is well worth the money.
The RGB of this product can be customized and adjusted with one click. The gamer’s logo lights up on the top of the pump body, the tube is adjustable and allows some movement.
The pump has its own RGB lighting that runs from the top of the front of the case to the side of the case like a blade. The base plate is slightly more important than the LGA1151, so it fits the LGA1200 socket, but user reports are still valid.
- Cpu socket support for AMD AM4, TR4*; Intel 115x, 1366, 2011, 2011-3, 2066. *Tr4 socket mounting bracket is bundled with TR4 CPU package From AMD.. Air flow - 81 CFM. Noise level - 37.6 decibels
- Micro-channel technology delivers 30% lower thermal resistance than other AIO coolers
- Precise PWM pump and Fan control via FanXpert maximizes system cooling performance while minimizing unnecessary noise
- Aura Sync addressable RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of AURA Sync enabled products
- 5 year Warranty guaranteed to keep things cool
The Intel i7 10700k is a decent processor with amazing single-core performance. Processors include PL1125W and PL2220W. Considering the amount of heat generated by the processor, we considered both liquid and air cooling solutions in the article “The best CPU cooler for the i7 10700k”.
When it comes to reliability, and air cooling solution is the best option to choose from. The air cooler has a relatively simple design with few moving parts but at the expense of its large size.
When it comes to overclocking, air cooling has cooling limits, but liquid cooling can provide significant overclocking headroom. Liquid cooling looks much cleaner and quieter. The choice of the type based on your requirements is entirely up to the user.
Some have VRM cooling; others have good looks and low noise. Assuming you have a prominent plunger and are looking for an air-cooled chiller, make sure the length is adequate for the chiller before purchasing. We hope you find the product that best suits your requirements.